Side-scrolling shooter. Defend your humanoids against abduction. Zen.
Controls: 1 Joystick / Button(s)
Horizontal-mounted Raster monitor
292 x 240 Resolution
Colors: 16 / Color
72.0000" x 28.5000" x 32.5000"
Additional Hardware Info (from Mame)
@ 1 Mhz
defender, Defender (Red label)
defendg, Defender (Green label)
defcmnd, Defense Command
defence, Defence Command
Perfectly designed game play by Eugene Jarvis. First game with smart bomb, first game with a scanner.
Everything you shoot from 990,000 'till it clocks at 1 million earns an extra life and smart bomb - then nothing more until 1,300,000. Scary!
Sequel is Stargate/Defender II; had two spin-offs- Revenge of Defender (for home computers) and Defender 2000 (for Atari Jaguar).
- Published for Atari 2600, 5200, 400/800/XL/XE (USA) by Atari.
- Published for Intellivision, ColecoVision, Commodore VIC-20, 64, TI-99/4a (USA) by Atarisoft.
- Published for Sega Genesis, Saturn, SNES, PC, PlayStation (USA) by Williams/Midway in Arcade's Greatest Hits/Williams Greatest Hits.
- Published for Game.Com by Tiger in Arcade Classics.
- Published as a handheld/keychain LCD game by Tiger.
- Published for AdventureVision and as a handheld game by Entex